Silas and Patrick's Ocean Simboro
1 small Manioc (Breadfruit, Dalo or Yam can be substituted)
4 big leaves Island Cabbage (Silverbeet can be substituted)
1 Brown Coconut Or one cup of tinned Coconut Cream
1 small Green Capsicum
½ Brown Onion
3 cloves of Garlic
2 fillets Poulet fish
4 Cherry Tomatoes
5 Natapoa nuts (Almonds can be substituted here)
1 Medium Red Chili
1 tsp Chopped Coriander
The juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp Freshly Chopped Dill
2 Lemons (to garnish)
- Peel manioc and grate. Scrape the coconut and squeeze out the cream. Bring the coconut cream to boil with salt and pepper.
- Dice the fish, onion, garlic, chili, capsicum and dill – place into a small bowl. Mix in the lemon juice.
- Place two leaves of island cabbage on the chopping board – layer the grated manioc on top of the leaf and place the fish mixture on top of this. Roll the Simboro very gently but tightly.
- Place the Simboro in the boiling coconut cream. Turn the heat down to medium. Cook on medium to low heat for 8-10 mins.
- To serve, remove the Simboro from the pot and cut in half. Place one on top of the other on a diagonal. Pour two tbsp of cooked coconut cream over the Simboro.
- To make a salsa to garnish: Dice four cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili and coriander. Add a little bit of vegetable oil and salt and pepper.
- Serve salsa on top of the Simboro. Add dill. To garnish and serve with sliced lemon on the side.